The SIG on Distributed Artificial Intelligence (DAI) (FG-VKI) deals with the foundations and applications of autonomous/intelligent agents and multi-agent systems. Founded in 1992, FG-VKI has been one of the first professional SIGs on this topic. Currently, DAI offers important contributions to innovative application areas such as industry 4.0 and digitization.
The importance of distributed intelligent systems for computer science and its application, e.g. in industry 4.0, has increased considerably. Distributed Artificial Intelligence (DAI) aims to extend Artificial Intelligence (AI) in terms of scalability, multiple problem-solving strategies and reusability through cooperative systems. According to Findler and HJ Müller, DAI can be defined as a field in which complex problems are met by the cooperation of several intelligent systems. In this sense, two basic areas can be distinguished:
– Distributed Problem Solving
– Multiagent systems (Multiagent Systems)
In recent years, research on intelligent agents and multi-agent systems in particular has been the main focus of this SIG (FG-VKI). From 2002 to 2017, FG-VKI together with the MATES Steering Committee organized the “German Conference on Multi-Agent System Technologies (MATES)”, which was ranked by ERA / CORE rank B (status 2017).
- Leipzig23.08. - 26.08.2017 Fachbereich KI Fachgruppe VKI
- Klagenfurt am Wörthersee27.09. - 30.09.2016 Fachbereich KI Fachgruppe VKI
- Kaiserslautern23.09. - 26.09.2008 Fachbereich KI Fachgruppe VKI
- Leipzig24.09. - 26.09.2007 Fachbereich KI Fachgruppe VKI